Hello,

I have been getting "Run=time error 75: path/file error" when I run a certain questionnaire (either when it is embedded in an experiment or when I run it on its own). I am using a networked computer (my university uses Novell) and I have the experiment saved in a "Shared Documents" folder so everyone who uses it can access it.

When I kept getting this error, I tried deleting the files on this computer and re-copying the original files from my flashdrive. This worked at first, but now it has stopped working again. So I re-copied the original from my flashdrive again, and when I run the file from the old folder I still get the "run-time error," but when I run it from the new folder (the one recently copied from my flashdrive, but which has the identical questionnaire file) I don't get the error.

When I copy the questionnaire from the old folder (the one that gets the run-time error) into a new folder, all of a sudden it works and I don't get the run-time error. But when I run it from the old folder (the exact same file that was just copied and pasted to a new location), I get the error again. This is a problem because even though it works when I first create a new folder, once I start running real participants I start getting the run-time error again.

Unfortunately, I have already lost data from quite a few participants because when we get this error message, MediaLab automatically shuts down and all of their data up to that point is completely lost.

Any help (and ASAP) would be greatly appreciated. I am currently using the trial version of MediaLab 2008 (the most recent version on Empirisoft's website) until my university gets the full version next week, in case that information is helpful.