Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Row 2 has a missing value for one of its columns

Row 2 has a missing value for one of its columns

Hi,

I have started a "new input file" within Direct RT, modified it slightly from its original form (i.e., only added rows that were identical to ones that were there when it first opened), then I got the "Row 2 has a missing value for one of its columns" error. Funny thing is, it seems that no matter what I do, any alteration of the original file results in this, or a similar "missing loc value" error. The main file of interest (input file test 2) is attached.

I'm running XP and Direct RT version 2008. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hm - I took a look at your input file. It would seem that the errors are arising from the stimuli being used within the first three rows:
    ~In this experiment, you will be presented with a series of letter strings, and must determine as quickly as possible whether they are words or nonwords. Each letter string will be proceeded by a brief presentation of the following figure (+++). We ask that you focus on this figure while you wait for the letter string to appear. Once the letter string appears, your task is to identify whether it is a word or non-word. Please press "enter" to continue.
    ~To indicate that a letter sting IS A WORD, you should press the "M" key, which is identified on your keyboard with a green dot. Please press the "M" key now to indicate that you understand these directions.
    ~To indicate that a letter sting IS NOT A WORD, you should press the "Z" key, which is identified on your keyboard with a red dot. Please press the "M" key now to indicate that you understand these directions.
    To fix this problem, try placing these items within a text file, and then calling the text file. For whatever reason, DirectRT doesn't quite like longer strings like this unless they're called from a file.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I can help in any way.

Hello sir,
    [edited by moderator]
    Direct RT is showing error messages one after another. Initially it was something "Row 2 requests style code 0, which does not exist ..." Second, its "Row 2 has a missing value for one of its columns.." Could you please let me know how to rectify these problems? Am attaching my input file with this query..

Thanks
    Rinu
    Last edited by jarvis24; 01-11-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Hi Rinu,

You had a couple extra columns in your input file that were unexpected and a couple an unusual order. Take a look at the attached revision and see if it improves the situation for you. You might look at the samples in "C:\DirectRT\Samples\4 applications\standard priming" for samples similar to your own. Also, I noticed you were trying to get a 2000ms delay after each trial--you can set that in the style (.drt) file located within your experiment folder. If you don't have a style file, you can copy one from one of the sample folders and modify it as you like.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 01-11-2011 at 01:41 PM.