This thread will be temporarily located here until a new forum can host universal problems between MediaLab and DirectRT.

Error Description:
While running the software, I occasionally run into a dialog box noting the following:
"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package '<name of software>' in the box below."

I cannot continue further unless I repeatedly press the button labeled 'Cancel' or 'OK'. This is quite an inconvenience. How do I turn this off, or get rid of this error? An image is attached below.

Solution:
The solution to this problem is a bit peculiar. It would seem that during the installation of either the software itself, or another program, the Windows Installer database can get slightly corrupted. This can occur for a variety of reasons - many of which are completely unrelated to the software you're using. Below we've listed a few solutions to these problems:

Solution 1. Uninstall and reinstall the software.

Solution 2. Uninstall the software, and then use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to clear the installation database of the existing software.

This tool can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After installation of the tool, you can find it in your start menu under the name: "Windows Installer Clean Up" - it does not have its own folder group.

While using the tool, find any instances of the software you are using, for instance - if you're using DirectRT, locate the DirectRT installation, and remove the data for it. Make sure you've done this only after uninstalling.

From here, after all instances of the software and its previous versions have been removed, try reinstalling.

Solution 3.
Run the Windows Installer Clean Up utility without first uninstalling. This solution will work; however it will make it quite an inconvenience to then later remove the software from your machine.