Hello everyone, I am a graduate student from Taiwan. My english is not very well (or poor, I think). But I'll try to express my questions clear
I've been working on MediaLab to let it synchronize with Biopac MP150 (with UIM100C), but have confronted great troubles.........

Computers bought these years seem not having parellel port at all, so I bought one PCI I/O card (with parallel port) and successfully installed it 7 hours ago. By the way, the OS of my computer is Vista 32-bit.

However, when I downloaded the patched IOTest from this forum and started to test it, in the Port Address field it always showed "LPT1: Error", "LPT2: Error", "LPT3: Error". I've tried to type the decimal values of the port (the hex value is DC00-DC07; D480-D487) and set the byte value and time to 255/50, but there were changes in Monitor field, the value remains 0.

At first, I thought this was the problem of the I/O card, so I went out and bought another one. However, both of them are made with Moschip's chip, so I think they are the same. And result is the same as well (sigh....)

Then, I thought this might be the problem of Vista, so I used the IOTest program on the other computer with XP. The result was a bit of different, this time, Port Address field showed "LPT1 Absent" rather than "LPT1: Error". This was rather convincing, because this computer surely has no parallel ports.

Can anyone gives me some suggestions and hints? Without letting MediaLab synchronize with Biopac, I can not graduate .....

Thanks for your watching, hope my extremely poor english didn't make the questions more difficult to understand.

Best regards