Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Getting a continue button for scale responses

Getting a continue button for scale responses

[edited from support email]

For all scale responses the continue button doesn't show up. I looked through the manual and I couldn't find anything on creating settings for the Continue Button. If you could point me in the right direction, that'd be really helpful.

Try using the multiple response item type instead of the scale response item type. Doing so will give you the continue button. Also, adding an r1-1 parameter makes it function just like a scale response but without the automatic continuation. e.g., for a 7pt scale, you would use:
    Code:
    (p7,r1-1)
    Where r1-1 simply means a minimum and maximimum of 1 selection.

Hope that helps,
    Blair

Continue button for scale responses

I read and implemented the suggestions within this thread for procuring a continue button for scale response/multiple response questions. I used the r1-1 command, which forces the participant to choose only one option before continuing. I am interested in affording the partcipant to opportunity to skip a question without having to choose an any options. I would like to have the Continue button appear and function if the participant chooses to skip the question. Could you provide me with some tips on how to do this?

Thank you!

Continue Button and IRB issues

I would also like to know the answer to this question. In our IRB protocols, we promise that we will allow participants the option to "decline to respond" to ANY item in the entire survey. The simplest solution would be if there was always a "Continue" button at the bottom of every page so that a participant could advance to the next question without responding.

A couple options. One would be to specify a range of (r0-1) for the multiple response item--that would allow the subject to click continue without choosing a response. Another option would be to use (r1-1) and simply offer an option such as "I'd like to skip this question". The latter solution might also serve as a work-around for scale responses.

Hope that helps!

key words: non-response, skip response, allow no response for scale response
    Last edited by jarvis24; 01-23-2012 at 02:21 PM.