Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Organization of DirectRT Data

Organization of DirectRT Data

I created a MediaLab exp. in which some .csv files were embeded. Usually the data will be stored in the same file as the exp. file locates. (i.e, C:\Documents and Settings\my_exp\data).

However, in our latest experiment, an unexpected problem happened:

We have two kinds of conditions in which we use DirectRT's .csv file as stimuli. They are named as for example, "Funn.csv" and "N_funn.csv". for the condition using "N_funn.csv", a new csv file is created by MediaLab in the same file as my experiment as "C:\Documents and Settings\my_exp\n_funn_subjectID.csv),which is basically the same file as the "Funn.csv". At the same time, a folder named "n" is created by Media again in the data file, (i.e, C:\Documents and Settings\my_exp\data\n), in which the data was recorded in. Meanwhile, the condition which I run using "Funn.csv" file has no problem, data is created correctly in corresponding folders.

Thanks very much for the help!

I think this may have to do with an alternative method of creating data files in DirectRT--a method which utilizes the underscore (_) as a symbol to use this method. For details, see the section on data output in the user's guide--esp. the section titled "An Alternate Method", or you can see it online here:

http://www.empirisoft.com/directrt/h...ata_output.htm

If this does not resolve the issue, please let us know.