Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: numpad

numpad

Hi!
    I'm having p's press a number on the number pad to record a response. My only problem is that in the output, instead of just giving the number they pressed, it gives "numpad#". I just want the number, not the word "numpad" before it and I feel that for 120 trials per participant this will be a complete pain to remove manually.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

The best solution as of now may be to simply run through each file and use Excel's Find & Replace function on each column that you want edited.

If this still seems like a bit too much work, I've created a small tool that you may want to use to help assist with this task.
    First, download and install the .Net 2.0 Framework: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    Next, download the attached .Zip and run the .EXE .

After reading your post, I thought it may be beneficial to simply scrap up an application to assist you with this process (if you end up needing it). In order to use the application, simply fill in the "Find & Clear" textbox with the value "numpad". From there, select the data location that contains the .CSV files you want edited and changed. If you input "numpad" into the Find & Clear field, then select your data folder, and finally press the 'Process' button, the software will open and remove any occurrences of the word "numpad".

Warning: If you have a variable named "numpad" this will also be removed - the program simply searches for -any- text equivalent vales to what is put into the Find & Clear field.
    Warning: The software will search through ANY folder that is contained within the Data Location. For instance, if you choose to use the folder "C:\Program Files" - it will search through EVERY folder within the Program Files directly, opening and altering any .CSV file it can find. Make sure you only select the specified data folder for the experiment that contains the .CSV files you want to edit.
    Warning: Make sure you don't have any of the files open before executing the 'Process' button.

Here's an example of the input I've used:
    numpad
    C:\DirectRT\Samples\1 bare bones\Data\images

The above input will remove any occurrences of the text 'numpad' in each .CSV file that it can find within the directory: C:\DirectRT\Samples\1 bare bones\Data\images

It should also be noted that it is -highly- suggested that you back up your data folder before executing this code. Please ask any questions you may have before using the software (if you have any).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trevor Newell; 06-24-2009 at 03:22 AM.