Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Make Windowed Trials & Overwrite Warning persistent?

Make Windowed Trials & Overwrite Warning persistent?

How do I make the Tools > Windowed Trials and Overwrite Warning settings persist between sessions? I use one computer for development, and we use other computers for running subjects. During development I rarely need the data and I like the windowed trials, and it sure is a nuisance to have to change the Windowed Trials and Overwrite Warning settings every time I resart DirectRT (which I have to do a lot when things crash during development).

Thanks,
    -- David McFarlane, Professional Faultfinder

Hm - these options don't stay enabled once you enable them? Do they only change after the application is closed and then re-opened?

Also - you noted that things tend to crash during development, would it be possible to explain this a bit further?

Quote Originally Posted by newell View Post
    Hm - these options don't stay enabled once you enable them? Do they only change after the application is closed and then re-opened?
    No, they do not stay enabled once I enable them, and they change only after the application is closed and then re-opened. I am using version 2010.1.101.0 under Vista in case it helps. Yes I know there is an update and I will install it soon, but I wanted to get my current project working before I applied an update that may break things.

Also - you noted that things tend to crash during development, would it be possible to explain this a bit further?
    I do silly things during development like, oh, forgetting to put a .drt file in the project folder, or putting illegal codes in the style or input file. I was developing in a rush last night so I don't know if I can remember exactly what I did to get DirectRT to crash, but rest assured it was only when I did something wrong with the settings or input file, I do not expect it to crash in regular use. Of course I would prefer that DirectRT degrade more gracefully in the event of developer errors, so if I can recreate these crashes I will try to keep better notes since I am sure that you would like to work on that.

Thanks,
    -- David McFarlane, Professional Faultfinder
    Last edited by David McFarlane; 06-12-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Added note about Vista