Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Correct Responses for only some scripts

Correct Responses for only some scripts

I'm sure that there is an easy way to do this, but I don't know it yet.

I have two DirectRT scripts embedded in one MediaLab file. For the first script I need response feedback. For the second I cannot have response feed back. Short of programming a complex skip pattern for every response in the first script, can this be done?

I don't completely understand what you're trying to do - could you elaborate a little more? Sorry for the inconvenience.

To clarify, I have two separate DirectRT files embedded in the same Medialab, experiment. For the first DirectRT file, I require that subjects be given immediate error feedback. For the second task I am using the Personalized IAT which requires that there is no feedback.

When I place the incorrect.txt file in the general folder, I get the error feedback for the initial file, but I also get the error feedback for the second file.

I assume that there is a way to selectively give feedback for one file but not the other.

There was two options that I came up with, but I am not sure if they will work.

First, I can place the second file in a seperate folder and use the full file paths to find the file.
    Second, use conditional branching, but this is extremely tedious and would require every trial to have some form of branching.

First, I can place the second file in a seperate folder and use the full file paths to find the file.
    You can actually reference a folder within your stimulus folder using the '\' .
    Suppose you have a DirectRT input file in the folder '1' within your stimulus folder. You would reference it using: '1\file.csv' rather than just 'file.csv' .

Does this make sense?

I think this works.
    Thanks for you help

Same issue, no resolution

Hi there,

I'm having a similar problem but also a little different. I also have two sets of IATs, one which needs feedback, the other which doesn't. I originally had created separate files for these two, one with the incorrect text the other without. The problem I'm having is that once I create a questionnaire in MediaLab for each sets of IATs, the program will tell me it can't find the file (even though the pathname is specific in MediaLab).

So my question is two fold:
    1.) Why is MediaLab not finding my .csv files?
    2.) Can you clarify what you mean by referencing a folder within your stimulus? If I need to run things through MediaLab, does this change my pathnames?

Any help you can offer would be great! We need to run this study SOON.

Thanks!