Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: STRTs in MediaLab?

STRTs in MediaLab?

Dear,
    I'm a graduate student of University of Alabama. I intend to measure STRTs in video stimuli. Related this, is it possible to measure STRTs with MediaLab? Our experiment computer sets have only MediaLab, not DirectRT.
    I appreciate, in advance.
    Bye

JKKim,

It would seem that the ideal tool to measure STRTs would be DirectRT; however there are a few things that you can do to work with this experiment in MediaLab.

• If you're working on an experiment based around STRT's, the actual starting time of the video itself may or may not need to be precisely coordinated to a single frame. If the latter is true, then you may want to try launching the video through an executable. Once the video begins, you can start your questionnaire. The actual RT's and start time for each questionnaire will be accurate, which means that a proper measuring of STRT's will be possible.

-OR-

• Using a backvideo and a negative duration value for a parameter, you should be able to choose when the user can select a response. This will give you the ability to play the video to a time you desire. The downside to this option is that the video will stop after the RT is taken.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,
    Trevor