Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: duration parameter in multiple response question

duration parameter in multiple response question

Hi,
    I am trying to have a list of items appear on the screen, have the participants choose 5 out of 10 and have it all last exactly 30 seconds, not more, not less. I thought (p10,d30) would do it, but it doesn't.
    I do not want the continue button there, but I cannot get rid of it. please look at the attached file and see if anything can be done about this.
    Thanks!
    Ljubica
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is very strange, because this is the first I've heard of a multiple response item showing the continue button when being used with the duration parameter. I will look into fixing this but in the mean time, I don't know what else to suggest. One possible fix would be to eliminate the continue button altogether for this experiment. If you can get by without it (e.g., using key navigation only) then you could simply blackout the "continue.bmp" image in the c:\medialab\graphics folder using any image editor. Of course, backing up the original for future experiments. Also, If you use d29 or any value less than 30, you can circumvent the countdown function if you are concerned about that. It kicks in only for duration values of 30 seconds or more.

My version of medialab is 2008.1.20 and the computer i ran it on is a dell PC although we have bootcamp partitioned Macs that I anticipate running the experiment in those too. Maybe this helps. I am hoping you can solve the mystery. Otherwise, if I blacked out the continue, would they be able to proceed with some other key-press, like "enter". I seem to remember this is an option.

Thanks ever so much.
    Ljubica
    Last edited by ljubica; 03-10-2009 at 03:23 PM.