Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Incorporating cues into case scenarios

Randomising factors into case scenarios

I am developing a questionnaire which consists of case scenarios. I would like to have a skeleton case scenario whereby certain cue can be randomly changed. For example: A 78 year old lady enters a bank to withdraw £3000 - whereby age, gender and amount of money can be changed. Therefore, is it possible to type a list of the cue distributions (eg. £100, £1000, £5000, £10000) which can then be randomly put into the case scenarios?
    Hope you can help.
    Last edited by dca4; 03-13-2009 at 05:47 AM.

Yes, using the advanced features, you could create values using Excel's conditional logic and have them plugged into your, otherwise constant, question wording. See the Advanced Features section in the user's guide or online here:

www.empirisoft.com/medialab/help/advanced_features.htm

See also: www.empirisoft.com/Support/showthread.php?t=32

If you need any guidance in getting it to work, I'd be happy to help you.

Thank you for your response. Could you provide me further guidance in getting it to work as I am still having some difficulty in knowing exactly how to plug the factors into the constant wording/case scenarios and also how these factors can be randomised? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to try editing the experiment within the Sample6 sample folder. There's a lot to pick-up on regarding the advanced features.

There should also be a few sample experiments you may be able to find on the forums.
    Also, look into some of Excel's randomization functions: http://www.google.com/search?q=excel+random+function
    Last edited by Trevor Newell; 04-16-2009 at 02:09 PM.