Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Audio probes: SoundGen.ocx

Audio probes: SoundGen.ocx

Hi there,

I'm trying to run a MediaLab experiment with audio probes on a laptop with Vista. When I get to the section with the probes, I get the following message: 339Component 'SoundGen.ocx' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Please help! Is there an Active X that I could/should download?

I downloaded a Microsoft file that should have solved the earlier problem I had, but now I'm getting "Error #429. Active X component can’t create object." My computer is a new HP with Vista. How can I solve this? ... [edited by moderator]
    Last edited by jarvis24; 12-10-2010 at 02:08 PM.

I've got the similar problem

Now I am also getting "Error #429. Active X component can’t create object" when trying to run an experiment with video clips using MediaLab2008. The laptop is also HP with Vista. How above problem was solved?

By the way, I got a dialogue saying about incompatibility with msvbv50.dll, which seems to be needed to run the program but it does not seem compatible with Vista. [edited by moderator]
    Last edited by jarvis24; 12-10-2010 at 02:10 PM.

I was not actually able to solve the problem, and reloaded MediaLab on an old computer with XP. This is how I have been running experiments ever since. Emprisoft allowed me to reload MediaLab on another computer, which had XP, and sent me the password to do so. That way, the funding was not wasted. You might want to request the same. [edited by moderator]
    Last edited by jarvis24; 12-10-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Just got to this thread. I have tried and seem to be able to replicate this error--at least in studies that use the probe feature. MediaLab v2008 is actually considered to be compatible with Vista and Windows 7 but this certainly is an issue. Problem is that MediaLab does not actually execute the probe function--an independent program does this and it seems that it is not compatible with Windows 7--or at least the file soundgen.ocx which it utilizes. Since we can replicate the error here, there may be something we can do to fix it, but it will be dependent on the third party software upon which MediaLab is dependent for the probe feature. I'll look into this and see if there is anything we can do to help. In the mean time Skuri, perhaps we can help you come up with another way to perform the task you are wanting to execute. Can you zip and attach a sample of what you are trying to do? e.g., a sample que file and other files required to get a sense of what you are doing?