Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Second DRT task overwriting data from first DRT task

Second DRT task overwriting data from first DRT task

I skimmed through the ML threads, so I hope I didn't miss a thread where this issue was already addressed.

I have a weird problem with DRT files that I've never encountered before, even though I've used ML to administer DRT files many times. I have a ML EXP file that contains two DRT tasks, and whenever the program gets to the second DRT task, it provides a warning that the subject number has already been used and that the data will be overwritten, even though the subject number has definitely not been used before the session in question. What ends up happening is that the data from the second task overwrites the date from the first task -- despite the fact that the QUE files have different names, are linked to different CSV files, and have different item names within the QUE files to link to the CSV files.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    k

Additional information: The program isn't creating separate subfolders in the data folder for each DRT file.

Oh, just realized it was probably because of my subject numbers! We were using project ID numbers for convenience, and they're above the 32000 cut-off. Will try using the usual 1, 2, 3 sequence to see if that takes care of the problem.

Did that help? Sounds like it would account for what you are finding. What version of DirectRT are you running (200x.x.x)?

Nope, didn't change a thing. In the end, I simply started over. I kept the CSV files but created new EXP and QUE files, and everything was fine.

I'm running v. 2006.2.39.

Hmm, that's odd. Thanks for the update--let me know if you encounter the issue again. If so, I would be curious to examine the differences between the old and new versions of the ML files.