Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Custom password screen

Custom password screen

Here is a custom item for v2006 that requires a password to continue. It's a simple html file that can be referenced as a "custom" item type in any questionnaire. The html can be modifed in any way you like, as can the password. The password is checked via simple javascript validation. Feel free to post your variations in reply to this!
    Attached Files Attached Files

[edited from support email]

Is there any way to add information to this from a responses.xls file
    to display on the screen?

Yes. Just create the question wording for the custom item as you would for any other item (i.e., using < > to indicate variables). Then in your html file, just place "ml.wording" wherever you want it to go. Take a look at the revised sample here. It's identical to the advanced features sample that comes with MediaLab except the "rsehi" item has been changed from an instruction item to a custom item (password.htm). That is the only change! Then in the file password.htm, we've added "ml.wording" where we want the question wording to appear. In this case, we are using question wording filled with values calculated from a responses.xls file.

Note in this sample, we also show you how to use a CSS style file for your custom items so that you don't have format everything.

See also: http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?p=9704 (regarding form validation)
    Last edited by jarvis24; 03-24-2010 at 05:34 AM.

I used the password5.zip template to create my own custom password screen. However when it writes the data it just says "ok" in the excel file, how can I do it so that it will write the password that they typed in? (For our password screen we have multiple acceptable passwords so we need to know which one they used).

Attached is the solution for this, you can use this example (save a html not as .txt), you can substitute in your own passwords between the " " and copy and paste as many lines as you need.
    Last edited by sgotovac; 09-07-2011 at 05:50 PM. Reason: adding solution attachment