Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: File requested but not found_version2008

File requested but not found_version2008

Hi--I updated many of our MediaLab versions from 2006 to 2008. While I can run the files I made in the old version in the new version just fine, I can't create a new questionnaire file or experimenter file. When I do I get the response "the FILENAME was requested but not found." This item will be skipped. It is actually the name of the overall file and not a file within. So it is not finding the questionnaire/experiment I made but I opening that file? Just doesn't make sense. I double checked all the normal mistakes--played around with folder placement and so forth. It happens on all of the computers. I even tried copying and pasting from an old working file. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?
    Last edited by aksesko; 02-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.

same problem

Hi there, I have the same problem. I tried everything - reinstalling word. changing the preferences in medialab - but nothing works. I programmed the questionnaire on my own computer and am now trying to make it work on a laptop - but here things don't work, although it's the same medialab version and also the same word version. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by aksesko View Post
    Hi--I updated many of our MediaLab versions from 2006 to 2008. While I can run the files I made in the old version in the new version just fine, I can't create a new questionnaire file or experimenter file. When I do I get the response "the FILENAME was requested but not found." This item will be skipped. It is actually the name of the overall file and not a file within. So it is not finding the questionnaire/experiment I made but I opening that file? Just doesn't make sense. I double checked all the normal mistakes--played around with folder placement and so forth. It happens on all of the computers. I even tried copying and pasting from an old working file. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?

Hi Social11--My issue ended up being a mistake in my file name. It was basically a stupid mistake on my part. For some reason I was saving files with a "." in them. MediaLab does no like this. I would look at your file names and make sure you don't have any symbols in them I hope you fix was as easy as mine!

Do your old files work?

I still have the problem ... I tried renaming the files, creating new ones. The really strange thing is - if I use absolute paths instead of relative ones, it does work again. I have not changed anything, not the folder structure, or the loaction - it remains weird.

Ah it seems like a folder issue to me then. Did you save all the folders the same way you did on your originally programming computer? Sometimes if you don't do this you need absolute paths rather relative. Or just make sure the default settings about paths are the same. Glad you figured it out! At least it works now!
    amanda

Hm! It's good to see that you were both able to find solutions to the problem at hand. As Amanda noted, if the files you've specified in your absolute paths do not exist on the machine you're using, a problem could arise. In order to use relative paths, make sure that the files being used are located within the same folder that your experiment is located in; either that, or within a sub-folder of that directory named 'stim' .

Please let me know if I can help or assist in any way.