Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: html in MediaLab 2004

html in MediaLab 2004

Hi,

I was wondering whether there was any way to use html forms in MediaLab 2004. I know it is easy to do in 2006, but our University has the site license for 2004 only.

I am not restricted to using html forms, but this seemed like the best way to handle what I need to do. Specifically, I have 14 fill in the blanks that should appear on the same page. Participants fill out each of the 14 blanks.

I would like to obtain the data from each blank.

Thanks for your help.

You can use forms in an HTML item in v2004, but you can't collect the data with MediaLab. You would need to find some kind of coding solution to have the data saved elsewhere, e.g., on your harddrive or sent to a webserver through a post command. With version 2008 MediaLab can intercept and save the posted data in the regular data files.

Thanks.

I am still having some issues with this, but they are with displaying a URL. I have placed a form online (http://psyc.queensu.ca/~rodlab/Descriptions5/index.html) and have a handler that catches the data and writes it to a data file. I know this online form works, as I have been using it for months.

However, I cannot get MediaLab to display the URL. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I have place the URL in the "File Name" and the "Background" fields of my questionnaire, but I have not been able to get the URL to appear.

I am able to get other URLs to work, though. I have tried www.google.ca and http://google.ca and both work fine.