[edited from support email--Thanks John!]

If you want to see how I fixed it, go to my Webpage listed below and then clink on "Links" and scroll to the bottom. There you can download what I'm referring to as Likelihood 3.

Anyway, the only thing I can suggest is that when using an Excel responses file, MediaLab somehow knows that if an event indicated in Excel has a skipto that skips over other variables that also have skiptos, that the subsequent skiptos are ignored.

For instance, I think this set up would be a problem for MediaLab:

Variable value skipto
Cond 0
Event1 event4 (if cond = 1), event5 (if cond = 2)...
Event2 event4 (always)
Event3
Event4
Event5

The problem would occur for condition 2, MediaLab doesn't seem to ignore the skipto for event2 (that being to go to event 4) - A participant in condition 2 wouldn't skip to event5 like they should, they'd go to event4 because MediaLab isn't ignoring and skipping the skipto associated with event2.

To get around this in previous studies, I have used vlookup functions and IF functions with the otherwise default set at "" to basically set those other skiptos to an empty cell. However, these are often dependent on conditions, and if you have more than 4 conditions, its gets way to difficult to mold an Excel file to get MediaLab to do what I need it to.

Its funny that this study was perhaps my smallest study ever, and very simple, yet took me two days to write. I kept getting tripped up by conflicting skiptos (at least that's what I've inferred from the differences in a version that didn't work correctly and one that does now).