Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Valid Path Error 3044

Valid Path Error 3044

At my office we are running 3 different studies, each using the same experiment programmed in MediaLab. In order to keep data separate I have a folder for each study holding the MediaLab experiment - it is set up this way on 2 different computers. At the moment only 1 study is active in running the experiment. Everything has run fine except for a month ago we got a valid file path error on one of the computers. I saved the data we already had, deleted all the experiment folders, reloaded them by copying the experiment from the other computer and everything worked fine again. Now this is happening again and even when I reload I get an invalid file path error message (3044). The weird part is even when I go in and select an experiment by browsing instead of just running a previous experiment I still get the error message. And the path that it lists as invalid is sometimes the one I choose but more often it is a path to a different study's version of the experiment. After deleting all of the study folders, I also tried copying the experiment onto the desktop and running it from there as well as running it from my flash drive. Neither way worked. I don't know what to do, the other computer set up in the same way has never had a problem.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 08-20-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Have you double checked to make sure there are no explicit file path references in your experiment? i.e., in both your .exp and .que files? Also, you might try closing and restarting MediaLab between sessions, just to see if that has an impact--especially if running the different experiments back-to back. In any case, it sounds odd though. Are you running off the local C (or other) drive or off a networked drive?

YES! the .exp file had the wrong file path in it. Thank you. I'm not proficient at programming this software, my ex co-worker originally did and with no way to contact her I was so lost.
    Thanks again.