Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Anti-virus scan

Anti-virus scan

I ran virus scans using a program called avast on two computers with Media Lab 2004 and now I cannot open Media Lab. When I open up Media Lab with the desktop icon it asks for a license code; when I try to open up an experiment or questionnaire file it gives me the following message:

Run time error 429
    ActiveX component can't create object

What's the easiest fix for this problem? Can I use the license codes originally used for the two computers?

Thanks.

Sounds like the scan may have moved, quarantined, or simply played around with the file structure. I would suggest going to the add/remove programs icon in the Windows Control Panel and seeing if you have a repair option for MediaLab. If not, or if that doesn't work, try reinstalling. The old versions such as v2004 are still available (for free) to all licensed users of v2004 or later. See www.empirisoft.com/download_old.aspx. If, after all this, you need new codes, just let sales@emp..com know and we'll get you replacement codes, no problem (and no charge of course).

Anti-virus scan problem resolved

Uninstalling Media Lab and reinstalling it did the trick (and without needing license codes). Thanks.

Glad to hear it--thanks for the update.