Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Data

Data

Hi,

I know the data comes out in 2 folders - "by questionnaire" and "by variablename." I have just started looking at our data, and the answers for the same variable are different in these 2 files. Do you know why that is? Or is there another post you can direct me to?

Thanks!!

Yes, it would depend on whether or not you have the same variable located in more than one questioonnaire in your experiment--regardless of whether a particular condition uses the multiple questionnaires. Is that the case in your study?

Hi,

There are no duplicate variables in our questionnaire - every variable has a different name. We only have 1 condition.

I have realized that, because of a skip pattern I wrote incorrectly, the survey quit out midway through. So, the questionnaire data has the correct answers, in order. But, the in the variablename data (which is alphabetized), the answers do not match up with the variables as they do in the questionnaire data. Does this have something to do with not completing the whole survey?

Thanks!

Try this--backup/copy your data folder and then delete it. Run a fresh session and then open the resulting byVariableName data file. Compare the first line (header) with a byVariableName data file from your previous data folder. Do the headers match up perfectly?