Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Affect Grid

Affect Grid

Our lab uses the Affect grid frequently in our lab, but I'm not sure how to create this in MediaLab. Has anybody used this, or anything that resembles a grid as one of their measures?

Basically the concept of this is that it is a grid (9 squares by 9 squares), and participants indicate how they are feeling on two dimensions, the first is from left to right and second is vertically on the grid.

We need participants to be able to check a single square on this grid.
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.

There are a couple approaches you could use to do this. One would be to use the WebTracker item type, e.g., see:

http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=117

Or you could go with a grid of radio buttons using a custom item, e.g.,

http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=940

I think in the latter case, the user was looking to do a very similar sort of thing. Let me know if you have any trouble with it.

-Blair

Something similar...

That is similar to what I need, but I need it a little different. I've attached what we actually use in the lab. I've tried to play around with it to see if I could modify it to our purposes, but I am no computer programmer!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is a pretty easy modification--all you need to do is drop the radio buttons into the cells of an HTML table. I don't have time to modify it right now, but if you have access to anybody with some experience in working with HTML it shouldn't be too hard. If you do find someone, I'd be happy to help out if they run into any problems.