Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Not all questionnaires recorded in .sav.... help?

Not all questionnaires recorded in .sav.... help?

We are using medialab as a way to administer several questionnaires. However, we have encountered a problem with the recording of the data.

When I view the data recorded in the .sav file, some of the questionnaires (full and seperate questionnaire files) are missing from the whole data while the excel file records all of the data.

I understand that I can convert the excel file into .txt and then import the data into spss. HOWEVER, I would like to know if there is a way to fix the problem with the .sav file first before having to resort to doing this time taking task for all SIX of our computers every week.

Is there a way to get medialab to record all of the data into the .sav file?

This can happen if you make changes to the experimental structure after the initial creation of the .SAV file. Try backing up and then deleting the data folder and then generate a fresh data set to see if the problem persists. If not, you should be good from now on.

Try backing up and then deleting the data folder and then generate a fresh data set to see if the problem persists
    Thanks jarvis24 for your reply. I tried to do what you told me, deleted the data folder, and generated a new data set.

However, the problem still persists. Some of the questionnaires are still missing and some of the variable names are also missing (showing up as v0023 or something similar).

We are running 17 questionnaires in one experiment.

Help?

Check out the data section in the user's guide. It should explain the v0003 result. Since MediaLab doesn;t know whatversion of SPSS you will be using, it plays it safe and uses variable names that are 8 characters max. If the MediaLab variable name is longer than than, it renames the variable as var0001, var002, etc. and saves the actual variable name to the variable label. If you double click on any variable while in SPSS's spreadsheet mode, you will see the variable name. Does that account for some of the data that were thought to be missing?