Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: split screen

split screen

Would it be possible to create a split screen in Medialab? Whereby a text passage is presented on the left, with a scroll bar, and questions to be answered are presented on the right? If not in v2006, do any of the newer versions allow this? Or could HTML be used in some way to achieve this?

Yes, I think you could do this pretty easily. Create an HTML page with the text. For whatever item type you want to use, simply enter the name of the html file in the background field along with location and size parameters, something like this:

myhtml.htm (t.1,l.1,w.4,h.8)

For most items, you can reposition the buttons, text boxes and such so that the HTML will not overlap. I'm not sure if you will automatically get a scroll bar if the text does not all display--you might have to play with that. Let me know if you run into any trouble with it.

Thanks

Hi Blair,
    That does seem to work nicely, thanks! No scroll bar appears on the screen, but you can still scroll the text using the mouse wheel as long as the cursor is hovering over the area.
    Thanks again,
    Raymond.

Awesome, thanks for the update. As always, I'd encourage you to post a sample here as an attachment for others to learn from if there are no top-secret methodology issues.