Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: skip to, html

skip to, html

Is it possible to use the skip to function within an experiment using questionairres in html? How do I specify the value (radio buttons) desired to lead to a skip to another question/variable?

I believe you could do this in combination with a responses.xls file. If you list the variable name(s) from your custom item (as they are listed in your resulting data files) then you can define simple or complex skips in the skipto column of the responses file. Let me know if that doesn't help!

Thank you. I got it to skip to the appropriate question within another questionnaire but it is now not working properly when I select the other option and want to simply continue to the next question in that questionnaire. This only happens when I run the entire experiment; when I run the questionnaire and select the value which should not skip it works properly. I can't seem to figure out what needs to be changed. I tried both having only having the value of the variable which I need to skip to another questionnaire in the responses.xls file, as well as listing the other value and the appropriate next question variable as the skip.

Can you zip and post a sample so we can try to replicate the problem. if you can try to post the bare minimum that it takes to demonstrate the problem. I'm guessing it's probably a syntax issue with the conditional logic in Excel, but I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Important- need asap, thank you!

I attached the two questionnaires used in the skip as an experiment. All I need to do is have variable name "pq01" (from the first questionnaire) skip to variable name "pcs01" (from the second questionnaire) when value "0" (zero; 'NO' response) is selected. When value "1" ('Yes' response) is selected from variable name "pq01", it should skip to the next sequential question in the first questionnaire. Thank you for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Zip seems to only have the .exp file it it--could you rezip and make sure to include the .que and .xls files?