Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Correct column in output file not accurate

Correct column in output file not accurate

When I run a DirectRT program, I am finding that the output file is not returning accurate information in the "Correct" column. I think I have the time column set up properly ("rt:1,9" when 1 is the correct response, "rt:9,1" when 9 is the correct response). Am I missing something?

A sample line for a trial from the input file follows:
    "2","1","~Press any button when ready.","0,0,1","rt:any","~+++","0,0,1","500","~++ +","0,0,0","0","~achievement",".25,.25,0","100","~ +++","0,0,0","0","~XQFBZRMQWGBX",".25,.25,0","rt:9 ,1,clear100","*"

Thanks in advance to anybody who has any ideas...
    David

Hmm.. Do you have the rt:any as a starter response on every trial? If so, that might explain it because I believe the "correct" column may refer to the first RT on any given trial. If you have multiple RTs within a single trial then any others need to be defined as correct/incorrect during subsequent analysis. If that doesn't seem applicable, please post or send me a copy of your input file, and I'll try giving it a run here and see if I can replicate the result.

I do have "rt:any" as the first screen on every trial so this would explain the problem. I'll just use the button-press data recorded in the output file to determine response accuracy in a new column. Thanks for clearing this up - it's reassuring to understand why the "Correct" output did not match what I thought it should be.

Perhaps you could have the rt:any be the last response on each trial. Just a thought