Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Skip-to between questionnaires

Skip-to between questionnaires

We have an experiment where we will not know the condition (out of four) each participant will be in untill about half way through the study, and this cannot be changed. I notice that the only place to insert the participant's condition is before the study begins. Is there any way that we can somehow select or insert something in a question at the time we should know which condition the particpant will be in so that they are directed to the correct questionnaires (and in the corresponding correct order)? We would rather not have to reopen a new experiment for the portion of the study in which their condition is known (and hence effects which questionnaires/multimedia files they receive).
    Could this maybe be done with skipping? I tried to do this but it was not allowing me to skip to an item in another questionnaire. And, if the skipping worked, would it simply skip to that variable question and then return to where it was beore, or would it go on to the subsequent question of that particular questionnaire skipped to? Thank you!

Is the contingent condition based on a response to a single item or based on a combination of multiple responses?

Yes, one item

Was the question of how to skip to a different questionnaire within the same experiment ever resolved?

I would like to know how to do this. Thanks!

Yes you should be able to skip to an item in a subsequent questionnaire--as long as that questionnaire is scheduled to be administered. A questionnaire will not be administered soley on the basis of it containing a skipto item. Not sure if that answers your question. In some older versions I recall a bug which required the skipto value and the variable name in the que file to both be in lower case--you could try that would only be helpful (I expect) if you are running 2004, 2006 or earlier.