Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Posting two answers on a single page

Posting two answers on a single page

Hi,
    Here is what I'm trying to do: First, I want the participants to list three thoughts (thought-listing parameter works nice here). Second, (where I'm stuck) I want the participants i) to be able to see two (randomly selected) of the three thoughts that they have cited; and ii) evaluate the relationship between these two thoughts on the same screen.

I could not find a way to post two thought-listing responses on the same screen. Is there any solution for this?

Thank you.

If you have v2008 you could do this. You can insert variable names from a responses.xls file (see Advanced Features) into the HTML code of a custom item. e.g., If you track tht_01, tht_02 and tht_03 in your responses.xls file, you could refer to these in the html of a custom item as <tht_01>, <tht_02> and <tht_03>. If they were selecting one of the three this would be pretty easy. However, if you need to have two of the three responses selected at random you would either have to take care of that in the responses.xls file by creating two new variables to which two of the three values are assigned.. OR .. use some javascript in the custom item to randomly show two of the three items.

If that make no sense whatsoever let me know. You might be able to get a local IT person or programmer to help you with it.