Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: DirectRT within MediaLab / MediaLab within DirectRT

DirectRT within MediaLab / MediaLab within DirectRT

If I need to use DirectRT for timing (for presentation <1s), but MediaLab for fill-in-the-blanks. How do I do this? Should I:

1. Keep my MediaLab file, but try to embed another DirectRT file in the .que MediaLab file (where the DirectRT file has the prime+mask flashing really fast. Qu: Won't this be really slow too since its DirectRT running within another program?)

2. Run my experiment through DirectRT file instead , and have the fill in the blanks appear using MediaLab. (Qu: But then I'll have to have a separate MediaLab file for each fill-in-the-blank I want to create?)

3. 2. Run my experiment through DirectRT file instead , and have the fill-in- the-blanks appear using DirectRT. (Qu: But how do I make fill-in-the-blanks. I know DirectRT has a setting where participants fill in a word response, but I didn't see any fill-in-the-blank setting).

Please let me know what's the best strategy.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-25-2008 at 03:58 PM.

I was just reading the tutorial. Is it correct that DirectRT can't run medialab?
    So my only option really is the below:

1. Keep my MediaLab file, but try to embed another DirectRT file in the .que MediaLab file (where the DirectRT file has the prime+mask flashing really fast. Qu: Won't this be really slow too since its DirectRT running within another program?

I'm hesitant about the timing. Is there any other way?

(btw: this post was in Troubleshooting, but I moved it b/c this folder is used more. please don't answer that post)

Why not have DirectRT administer the fill-in-the blank using the rt:text option? That way you could avoid having to frequently switch back and forth (which is generally recommended because there is a lot involved in starting up and shutting down a directrt session)

Thanks jarvis. I decided to just have Medialab run different DirectRT files. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by jarvis24; 02-26-2008 at 11:14 AM.