Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Go Back feature

Go Back feature

Is there any way to enable the "Go Back" feature while not allowing previous answers to be changed?

No, I don't think so. Do you mind if I ask why you would use it that way? Just curious.

Questionnaires on paper allow the participant to view previous responses to answers, which may have some influences on further responses in the particular questionnaire. We were just trying to see if we could potentially account for this miniscule difference by allowing the participant to view previous responses but do not want to give them the opportunity to linger on a particular item and change a response. No big deal, thanks!

Ahh. Well, you could actually accomplish that by tracking the responses in a responses.xls Excel file (see Advanced Features in the users guide) and then inserting those values anywhere in the question wording. Potentially, you could display every answer given so far in the subsequent item's question wording.

Ahh. Well, you could actually accomplish that by tracking the responses in a responses.xls Excel file (see Advanced Features in the users guide) and then inserting those values anywhere in the question wording. Potentially, you could display every answer given so far in the subsequent item's question wording.