Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Voice Response Stroop Problem

Voice Response Stroop Problem

I had an Excel file set up that I modeled after the stroopcombo.csv sample that came with Direct RT. When I ran it (using an older version of Direct RT), it worked fine: it moved ahead to the next trial when a voice response occurred, it recorded the response time in the Excel data file, and it recorded what the participant actually said on each trial, and saved this as a Voice file.

I recently updated to Direct RT 2008. Now, when I try to run the same input file, it will run and move ahead to the next screen/trial when a voice response is made, but it is recording a response time of 0 for every trial and it is not saving sound files in the Voice folder.

I am just wondering if something had changed in the way I need to set up my input file now that I'm using the 2008 version. The response time was set up as rt:aud,rec,-500.

Any suggestions you have would be very much appreciated.

Can you zip and post your session folder? I'll try to replicate it here, but no there were no changes I am aware of that would affect this in v2008. First thoughts are to make sure you are using the same style (.drt) file as before and to also make sure you are getting reasonable voice RTs if you check the Voice RT setup utility on the Tools menu (without having to move the sensitivity slider).

[edited from follow-up response]

I figured it out! The file would run fine from my memory key, but when I transferred it to "My Documents", it wasn't saving the data properly. Someone else told me that DirectRT sometimes did things like this when they ran a file out of My Documents on our network... so I moved it to a different drive, and it worked fine!