Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: random presentation / DirectRT execution

random presentation / DirectRT execution

I wanted the words in my text file to appear in random order.

DirectRT has a function where I can write "$filename" in the STIM column. Does MediaLab have a similar function?

The reason I wanted to put a .txt file into the FILENAME column of the .que file is that when I put my .csv DirectRT file (which has a .txt file embedded into it), sometime MediaLab has trouble executing it on the first run. This is another issue altogether, but solving this would resolve my problem too b/c then I'll just keep the .csv file in the .que file.

Thanks

You mean so that you could avoid using DirectRT altogether and just do the whole task in MediaLab? Well, first I'm curious about your trouble running a DirectRT task from within MediaLab--that's kind of unusual. But second, no, ML doesn't have an equivalent function--though it would be useful huh? Can you use the WGR function in ML to get a similar kind of result?

Thanks jarvis,

Yes, I can either to avoid using DirectRT altogether (in which case I could do as you're suggesting and assign a BGR of 0 and and a WGR of 1) or fix the problem that MediaLab is having running DirectRT.

For the latter (fixing the problem that MediaLab is having running DirectRT), here's the problem:

When I open MediaLab, and I run that experiment (which is an .exp file containing a .que file containing a .csv file containing a .txt file) for 1st time during the day, it freezes (so I press CTRL ALT DEL to end-task). But it doesn't freeze on subsequent runs. I think that I may have to open DirectRT first before running the MediaLab experiment (?)

Anyways, I wanted to use DirectRT because I wanted to put a blank page between the words (to act as a delay). I saw a duration (d...) parameter in MediaLab to keep words on the scene for a certain duration, but no function for blank spaces (?)

If it's not too much of a hassle, could you zip the folder and attach it? i.e., the version which freezes but only when run as the first session of the day?

Thanks, here's the zip. The experiment is "fragment1.exp"
    Attached Files Attached Files