Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Chinese problem

Chinese problem

I am trying to use Medialab Questionnaire editor with Chinese. I do a key input of Chinese with an English version of XP (but with Chinese support). I type in Chinese in the item details section with no problem, but it doesn't come out as Chinese text at the questionnaire level-- some code. I am not on campus, so I can't access the Medialab program to run and see whether the Chinese shows up in the Medialab program. Will it be ok, given that it's ok in the Item Detail level, but not in the Questionnaire level?

If you close and reopen the file--are the characters preserved in the Details window? If so, you should not have a problem--so long as you have the Chinese character set selected under "Preferences" in MediaLab when you run the study.

Chinese Input Not Recognized

I am trying to use Medialab Questionnaire editor with Chinese. I do a key input of Chinese with an English version of XP (but with Chinese support). I type in Chinese in the question wording section, but the characters did not come up. In fact, only question marks were displayed. I have chosen the font that supports Chinese, and also have chosen the appropriate preference for the Chinese characters. When I tried to run the questionnaire, only question marks were shown instead of the characters. Please advice what to do, thanks.

What font exactly are you using? I would suggest Arial if youhaven't tried it yet. Also, do you have either Chinese Simplified or Chinese Traditional chosen under Preferences > Character Set in the main MediaLab window?

It is like this regardless of font type

I changed fonts and I still have the same problem. Is there an alternative way of importing text?

What font are you using?

My font

Arial Unicode MS or Arial.