Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Demographics questionnaire

Demographics questionnaire

This sample uses a custom item to ask a variety of demographics questions using a variety of formats--all within a single MediaLab page.
    Attached Files Attached Files

When I downloaded the "Demographic" zip file, it contained two documents: an HTM file called "demo" and the actual .que file, demo.que.

I would love to see the CODING, however, that allowed you to create the demo.htm file. Is there anyway for you to send us the actual coding? This is essentially what I need: someone to send me examples of actual HTM codes for a variety of question types.

Thanks!

It's a custom item so the html coding was done manually (a lot of it was simply cut and pasted from various samples of HTML form code found on the internet)--we don't have an automatic generator for this kind of thing (see Custom Items in the users guide). However, if you open the HTML file in a text editor, you will see the patterns and modifications are pretty easy to make from there. If not, or if you run into any specific problem, please let us know.

Thanks - that worked, I was able to open the demographics.txt file and read the coding. But as it turns out, it still didn't help me figure out how to create the exact question I want to generate.

...[edited by moderator]...

I just have a simple question I want to ask in my survey, and it goes like this:

How often do you play the following video games?

The Sims 1........2.........3.........4..........5
    BioShock 1........2..........3........4..........5
    Halo 1........2..........3..........4........5
    God of war 1........2.........3..........4..........5

The 1-5 scale would be anchored by "never" and "all the time." I would like all video games on the screen at once. I am so desperate for somebody to help me create this in Media Lab, please!!!

Thank you
    Last edited by jarvis24; 10-19-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Did you see the radio buttons sample that was posted? I think this may be exactly what you are looking for. I can help you with it if you found it but had trouble editing it. If you didn't see it let me know and I'll repost a copy here. Early versions were limited to one item per page. Custom items were simply added to allow greater flexibility in this regard for those interested--but it was required that you'd have to edit HTML or have access to someone who could do this. Before that, our standard response was always just "sorry, one item per screen". Anyways, I epxect we can make this less painful for you with the radio buttons sample, and again, I'll be happy to show you how we can change it for your games question.

Here is a modified sample from a radio buttons sample posted elsewhere. It matches, I think, the layout you described above. It can be reused for other questions simply by opening it in a text editor and changing the wording or labels of items. If you add or remove items (currently there are 4) just be sure to change the parameter value in your MediaLab questionnaire from (v4) to (vn) where n is the number of questions.

Hope it helps, and please let me know if you have any trouble with it.
    Attached Files Attached Files