Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: multiple styles

multiple styles

I am trying to run a subliminal test and although I've managed to get the exposure time down sufficiently I'm not happy with the flashing on the screen so I would like to set the subliminal part of the trial as purple on a black background so the flashing is less obvious. However when I try to insert a new style column before the second set of stim/loc/time in my trial the experiment won't run telling me I am missing a loc value in line 3. This is clearly not true as it runs fine when I remove the new style column. Is it not possible to have 2 different styles within the same trial?

Normally that error occurs if you have a syntax error on that or the previous line. If you post your input file, I'll take a look at it.

Input file is attached, I can't see any errors but maybe you'll spot something.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think it's because you have an extra style column in there--you can only have one (the first one). If you want to change the style for the subsequent stim words you can do it like this:

~cold <10>

That would apply style 10 to the word cold.

See also: www.empirisoft.com/directrt/help/directrt_style.htm

style changes within trial on different stimuli

I've had the same problem with changing styles and I did find help answer as indicated in www.empirisoft.com/directrt/help/directrt_style.htm
    This didn't solve the problem. In this example, the second stimulus is always in style 5 and I want the style to change in a way that I program it.
    I changed the style in the <> accordingly in every trial (see attached .csv and style files), but the second stimulus keeps getting gisplayed in the same style (the one that appears in the first trial that is set up this way).
    How do I solve this? I would appreciate help asap!

Ljubica

(ps. woosh and instructions files are the stims that come before the problem in this program)

It may be a font issue. The font for style 3 worked fine for me but would not change as requested when style 4 was indicated. I tried changing the font for style 4 from "courier new baltic" to plain old "courier new" which I expected would be a safe font to play with. Worked fine after that. It may be that there is an issue with "courier new baltic".

fonts now work, the program quits after minimizing in bootcamp partitioned mac

Thanks, I'll try it out.
    Day later... OK, that's settled, perfect, thank you.
    There, one more thing though...
    I have a problem though with running direct rt in bootcamp partitioned macs. Specificaly, when I minimize the program for the participant to do a distractor task, the sprogram simply will not come back up when I click on the bottom bar where I see it minimized. This doesn't happen every time and it happens at the point in the above attached program where line 85 would be displayed, after a wait of up to 10 min. Please help I am loosing data.
    Last edited by ljubica; 11-12-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: new question