Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Cycling through images over and over again

Cycling through images over and over again

[edited from support email]

For a trial I want to display a sequence of 3 images over and over for 60 seconds OR until a participant responds. I know I can make a very long trial sequence in Direct RT that will allow me to show these images over and over for 60 seconds, BUT I cannot figure out how to have it stop when a certain key is pressed and take RT data at the point and not just record RT after the sequence has ended. Can I do this? And if so would it be too difficult for an
    explanation?

The easiest way to do something like this would be to compile the images into a single animation or video file--present that and take the RT to it. Very simple. The relatively hard part is making an animation or video file if you have no idea how to do that. Do you have anyone there that can help you with that? Any animation (.gif) or video file (e.g., avi, mpg) will work. Basically anything that the Windows Media Player can play. With most motion formats, you can control the number of frames for which any given image is displayed, and the rate at which the frames change. I would be curious to hear about what you learn if you find a method you like (people ask me about this once in a while but I don’t have much experience with making these types of files).