Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: License Problem

License Problem

I have a license for MediaLab and DirectRT and have the software installed on a single computer in my lab. This computer is on a network and users are required to log in to the network before they can use the computer. The software is installed locally and not on the network; however, the experiment files are stored on the network so they (and the data) will be backed up regularly. Everything had been running fine for me until today, when for no apparent reason, I got a message that "This workstation does not currently have permanent or temporary authorization to use MediaLab." The same message appears for DirectRT.

As I indicated, everything had been working great until this morning. The only change I made to the computer in recent days was that I gave two users Administrator rights on the computer. This step was taken because the software wasn't receiving a TTL signal from a response box that an engineer in the dept built (in contrast, when I logged in, the signal was received and everything was working fine). When we tested the experiment after making this change yesterday, all went fine. Now today, not so fine.

Any suggestions?

[Follow-up from moderator]

Note to other users: This was worked by reinstalling MediaLab and DirectRT. We tried this because the user had already assigned administer level privileges to the MediaLab and DirectRT folders but the problem persisted. Some file must have gone missing or became corrupt that was required to read the license file. Reinstalling replaced any missing or damaged files. Everything worked ok from there.