Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: [solved] Windows 7 Freezing up when Ss clicking too fast

[solved] Windows 7 Freezing up when Ss clicking too fast

I recently installed the latest version of ML available, got all my licenses, etc., and am running ML on Windows 7 32-bit Intel Celeron machines. I'm running into kind of an issue that when people try to click too fast through certain items, it hangs the machine and we need to reboot. Out of 6 Ss, it's happened twice already so I'm worried that it may become an issue. I don't really want to tell Ss to slow down for certain types of questions. Anyway, any help you could give will be appreciated.

I should note that this particular experiment doesn't have anything complex going on. It is almost all scale responses and fill-in-the-blanks, with no other stimuli being presented.
    Last edited by slaurent; 01-24-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Hi Sean, MediaLab v2010 seems to be helping users out with some issues similar to this one (esp. on Windows Vista/Windows 7, but also XP). Would you like to try a copy to see if it resolves the problem?

thanks, got it

Thanks, Blair. I've gotten this from John, and I'm testing it now. I'll post if it resolves the problem.

thanks, got resolved

Hi Blair, [edited by moderator] I wanted to wait until we'd run another larger sample. But yes, after running about 24 new people without any freezing issues, I think it's been resolved. Thanks so much to both of you. These few weeks are heavy data-collection weeks, and I didn't want to lose any potential subjects.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-01-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks for the update Sean, much appreciated and good luck with your study. Please keep us updated in case you do come across the same issue again or any other issues.

Note the version history for MediaLab v2010.2. Even after the fix above, there was an outstanding issue regarding passwords (parameter x on Instruction screens). These screen would appear blank but this issue is now fixed as of 2010.2.19 posted Feb 17, 2011.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-17-2011 at 03:37 PM.