Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Turn off secret keys?

Turn off secret keys?

[edited from support email]

At a point in my questionnaire there is a 5 minute time allotted for responses. It has come to my attention that the ctrl + arrow combination is not so secret and at least a few of my participants jot down a few responses and then move on without using the full time. Is there a way to turn off these secret keys?
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-15-2006 at 04:01 PM.

Try adding k-1 as a parameter to one of these items and see if that helps on that item. Is this v2006?

I am using v.2004, and the k-1 does not work. This is not vital to my survey, but is something that should be addressed as the number of computer savvy individuals is growing and the alt + right arrow combination, I am told, is in common use when navigating websites etc.
    Ah, I think that k-1 was a v2006 feature we added. You are correct though about the alt + arrow combination. We're about to release v2006.2. I've just made sure we address that. I think what we'll do is require adding a shift key to the alt + right arrow which ends the study immediately. We'll probably leave ctrl + right arrow (for ending the current questionnare or other file), because that is not a browser key sequence. Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by jarvis24; 09-25-2006 at 04:23 PM.