Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Masks Significantly Slow

Masks Significantly Slow

Hello,

When I run fragment96.exp, sometimes it stalls on words, and repeats the mask. (see the "ByQuestionnaire" data file fragment96.csv). Also, some duration times are completely off; if you run the file, a (d.03) will be much longer than 30ms. This only started happening when I added rows for priming (mask and blanks) to the questionnaire file fragment96.que
    What should I do?

Also, I emailed previously and uploaded a zip of fragment1 before. MediaLab still stalls (because of the executeDirectRT) when used for the first time during the day. Should I just forgot the DirectRT file, and put that into a second questionnaire for the experiment?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hmm.. A bit confused. You can't use duration parameters in MediaLab of less than 1 second (the values must be whole integers). But you are also mentioning DirectRT here--which would be appropriate for this kind of timing. You're doing it MediaLab because you were having trouble doing it in DirectRT? Sorry if I'm forgetting a previous post.

If I need to use DirectRT for timing, but MediaLab for fill-in-the-blanks. How do I do this? Should I:

1. Keep my MediaLab file, but try to embed another DirectRT file in the .que MediaLab file (where the DirectRT file has the prime+mask flashing really fast. Qu: Won't this be really slow too since its DirectRT running within another program?)

2. Run my experiment through DirectRT file instead , and have the fill in the blanks appear using MediaLab. (Qu: But then I'll have to have a separate MediaLab file for each fill-in-the-blank I want to create?)

3. 2. Run my experiment through DirectRT file instead , and have the fill-in- the-blanks appear using DirectRT. (Qu: But how do I make fill-in-the-blanks. I know DirectRT has a setting where participants fill in a word response, but I didn't see any fill-in-the-blank setting).

Please let me know what's the best strategy.