Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: helping with programming esp. randomization

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for getting back to me about this. I'll get that file to you, but I won't be able to send it today.

About the cd thing, would I send the videos too? If I send you the actual study with all of the videos, it won't fit on a cd - it won't fit on a dvd either. I'd have to send you several dvds - which I don't mind doing - it's just a warning. Should I send them to you? Where would I send them?

Also, I can try letting the 10 blocks go on and on and see what happens - but I'm concerned because it still doesn't get to the problem b/c the experiment chooses 15 random blocks out of 28.

I just wish I knew why it wasn't working - the whole experiment runs fine -except at the very end - it's something about that skip that's making it unhappy - even though it seemed to work before.

What version are you using i.e., 200x.x.x? OK< don;t send the whole thing if it's that big. But do try this.. try a copy of the questionnaire where you remove all the background videos. Keep the items and everything the same, just enter "none" in all the backvideo fields. That ought to tell us if it's a memory issue or a logic issue.

I don't have the software in front of me b/c it's a school, but I believe it was the most recent 2006 version. Based on your earlier recommendation (if you look at your very first response), I asked for 2006.240.

I should be able to send you the questionnaire file without the videos (and that other file you requested) on Monday.

I know this is probably unlikely, but b/c I'm located in NYC, is there any way that I could either pay you to make a housecall to the lab or that we could discuss this at your office? I feel like it might be more efficient esp. since we're probably only a few miles apart.

Hi there,

I'm attaching the experiment file along with the four questionnaires (if you remember, putting all of the videos in one questionnaire file was too much so we split the files evenly into four questionnaire files and participants randomnly get assigned to one of the four files). By the way, each of the four questionnaire files results in the same problem.

I'm also attaching that diagnostic file.

Please let me know if you have any solutions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please try running this (attached) revision all the way through and see if the issue persists. It eliminates the background videos and the delays are set to 2 seconds for the convenience of testing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for getting back to me.

So, I was able to run the file - but unfortunately, the same problem occurred. The experiment ran fine until the end - I got to the skip and then there was no thank you screen and no popup - it just closed the program automatically.

I was really surprised by that b/c it means that it's not the videos that's causing the problem.