I used the syntax posted on this website to convert my IAT data into d scores (thank yo iso much for sharing). I analyzed the data several months ago and found an effect in the opposite direction from predicted. Then, today when i opened the file again and analyzed the data--the effect was gone! I re-ran the syntax front the original (raw) data and generated a new set of d-scores. those d-scores are identical to the ones that are giving me no effect except for the fact hat they have different sings (i.e., + and -). The change in the sign is not systematic and seems to vary randomly (i.e., sometimes the signs are the same and sometimes they are different from the ones giving me no effect). Even more surprisingly, the effect is now of the same magnitude as a few months ago but in the predicted direction (i.e., opposite from what I observed at first). I have re-ran the IAT syntax omn the original data several times today and I always get the same output of d-scores (but this output seems to be different from the one i got before)

Does anybody have any insight into this very peculiar and rather scary story of SPSS? Has anybody experienced the change of signs I am describing? As it stands, i cannot at all trust what I am getting form this particular study.

Please help to save my data if you can.