Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Why can I see my subliminal stimuli?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you for your response. I will try updating to the newest version and get back to you. Please let me know what the outcomes are of your tests. And no, we did not change anything with the resolution or style files with the samples.

I tried to update DirectRT to a newer version of the beta, but it seems that the most recent update is the version we're already running (2010.124.820.10). Is there another way to get the update?

I know that the version of the beta that was available Nov/Dec 2009 did not have this problem on these computers b/c I was pilot testing a study with it and the primes weren't visible.

I'll await the results of your testing.

[edited by moderator] ... my dept's computer person put the 2010 beta on a newer computer and the program is now working fine. I'm not sure what changed in the beta version from last Nov/Dec to now, but whatever it is does not allow it to work properly on older computers.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 11-15-2010 at 12:56 PM.

We have posted a new release that will require a full uninstall/reinstall. This is a pre-release of the final 2010 version--i.e., it's no longer a beta version. Here is a link to the November 11, 2010, pre-release:

[link removed]

If you are reading this after November 15, 2010, you should check the www.empirisoft.com/download.aspx to see if a newer version of DirectRT 2010 has been posted. The post above refered to version v2010.2.102. It fixes some inconsistencies we were finding in the timing of screen displays of some system configurations. SSmith, it may resolve the issue you have on the older machines. Glad to hear the later beta works well on your newer machines. Feel free to check it out.
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-25-2011 at 08:45 PM.