Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: helping with programming esp. randomization

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Can you zip your folder (without the videos) and attach it so I can see where you are with it?

Okay, so here's the sample that I worked on - you'll see that there are only two 30 second clips for each of two different participants.

Also, because there are sometimes two people in the video, I brought in an image of an arrow to indicate who the rater should focus on. What this means is that I set up the video portion as a backgroundvideo and the image of the arrow is the central feature of the questionnaire. I hope that makes sense.

So, I guess my question would be if there was a way that the rater would only end up randomnly rating 1 instead of both sets of video clips (but just realize that this will be expanded greatly for more participants, more clips, etc.).

Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I missed that you were going to repeat the whole process 15 out of 40 possible times. That certainly makes it harder. Take a look at the simplified sample I've posted. The is the logic only--no filenames are mentioned.

Basically, it illustrates a situation where there are movies from three interactions--and each subject will see clips from two of those three. Further, each of the three movies is broken down into three sets of two clips. Each subject will view one of the two clips from each set and then answer a question about that clip.

See if the logic in the sample makes any sense. If so, you should be able to expand on the pattern to create your larger design. Let me know if you have any questions or if I've missed something.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi there,

Sorry it took so long to respond to your post - we were on break so I was away from the software. Regardless, I took a look at your attachment - and it looks like it will solve the problem. I haven't expanded the whole thing yet - but at least with the example you posted, it seems to work. So, thank you! I will let you know if any problems emerge as I expand the programming.

Thanks again!