Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Incompatible resolution, color depth, color bits, colour buffer, etc. (case 17147)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Okay, great, thanks for the information!

Okay, I downloaded the non-beta version and I am still getting those exact same errors. Ideas on what else to try? Thank you

Can you uninstall the XP Virtual Machine software and then reinstall DirectRT so it's running directly on Windows 7 with no link to XP? The new version, when run on Windows Vista or Windows 7 should be run directly in the native OS. And virtual connection to the hardware could cause errors like these. That's the best I can give you at this point.

Hi, thanks for your response. I actually did have it running on Windows 7 - after Trevor said earlier in the thread that the virtual pc wouldn't run it properly, I had uninstalled it from the virtual computer and installed the beta version of DirectRT on the actual computer in Windows 7. That didn't work, so then I tried the official release 2008 version of DirectRT for Windows 7/Vista, and am getting the same problems. That being said, after reading your post, I thought maybe the virtual machine was somehow still interfering with it, so I uninstalled XP Mode and tried running DirectRT again (again, in Windows 7) and still the same. Do you think it would make a difference to try the 2010 version of the 7/Vista compatible software, or no?

No probably not. Maybe, but I think I should take a try at running your experiment here and see if I can replicate the error. Can you zip it (or some reduced version of it that still produces the error) and attach it? Be sure to include the style file and the stim for whatever version of the input file you attach.

Thanks. There are two attached.
    Your post got me thinking...I had tested the samples when I was still using virtual PC and the samples wouldn't run, but I didn't think to test the samples again after I switched to the Vista/7 version and ran it on the real operating system - the samples do seem to be running correctly in Windows 7, so I suppose it must be something in my experiments not translating properly to the new version. Neither of the attached experiments is working. (They do work in XP.)

I appreciate you taking a look, let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jarvis, have you had a chance to take a look yet? Any luck?
    Thanks