I'm having trouble with both consistency and duration of presentation times for my images. I have read through the sticky on being able to see subliminal images and even after following the steps listed there I am still having problems. The first problem I am having is that I cannot get my presentation times fast enough. I am trying to display images for close to 15 milliseconds. Using the refresh rate check I am getting 11.76 milliseconds at 85 hertz and 13.8 milliseconds at 72 hertz. I have set the resolution in both the default style and in the style folder with my my input folder to 1024 x 768. This is the same resolution as my monitor is set to, and yet I consistently get display times of 23 milliseconds when using 85 hertz and 26 milliseconds at 72 hertz. What I find interesting is that as I adjust the refresh rate of my monitor it appears the display time is usually close to double what it should be.

I have also noticed that even for my stimulus that are set to display for 500 milliseconds, their actual display time is often closer to 520. On top of that I am getting pretty dramatic fluctuation in how long my fastest images are displayed for ranging from 23 to 40 milliseconds. Around once a session one of these images will remain onscreen for up to 250 milliseconds. Have any of you experienced problems similar to these? I am using an older CRT monitor and have tried using a new LCD monitor as well and similar problems arise.