Hy,
We used Direct RT since a long time ago in my French research institute.
I now want to use external equipment, a button box.
The button box is an unwell-known device. I’ve bought it with “The Tests for Attentional Performance (TAP)”, PsyTest.
The reaction keys are connecting through a parallel port.
As my computer is recent (parallel port is unfortunately no longer standard equipment), I’ve installed a PCI card with a parallel port DB 25.
When I search for port on my computer (right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties" and the "Device Manager"), under "Ports", I see: a) a Printer Port (LPT1, 03F8-03FF) but also b) a PCI Parallel Port (LPT3, 9400-9407).
I think my response box is on this last port LPT3.
And I run my TAP software and therefore my button box with this port (LPT3, 9400-9407).
The button box well works with my TAP software.
In Direct RT, in the TTL I/O Test window, in the Port Address box, LPT3 is displayed “LPT3: absent”.
I’ve tried to enter it myself, by converting the hexadecimal address (9400) to decimal (37888).
I’ve written in the Port address box this information: 37888 (LPT3:378H).
When I clicked on “Read”, an error message appeared and the TTL I/O Test window is automatically closed.
When I test with the port address 888 (LPT1:378H), i.e. the only one proposed in the list, and when I press one of two button, or the other, or both at the same time, nothing appended. Should some value change when I press one of the buttons? What value?
I’ve read your documentation, and I don’t understand this sentence: “You can test to see if your external equipment can send values to this port address. Try it and see. If successful, you will see the value change to whatever value you send from your external equipment.”
I’ve tried to run the sample receiveTTL.csv.
Of course, It doesn’t works.
In the .csv file, how can I find the ttl codes, i.e the valid signals from port, that I have to specify in the time column (eg., rt:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,(889))?
I hope that my explanations are clear.
Many thanks by advance
Aurelie Dommes