Typically, when I need to create a series of numbered items (e.g., itemname01, itemname02, itemname03, etc.) I create these with a program like MS excel, which does this easily, then paste this into whatever program I am using (e.g., SPSS). While using the questionnaire editor, however, I can't do this, and creating a series of numbered items becomes a chore that takes time from more important work. I looked through the forums and didn't find an answer - the closest answer from Blair was to open the file in Acess and manipulate things there. Aside from the fact that I don't use Acess and don't really know the program, when I figured out enough to actually paste some values from excel into access, I couldn't save the file as a .que - it only let me save it as an access file.

Any thoughts on updating the cut and paste capability of the questionnaire editor (maybe even including right-click cell possibilities for pasting in the details windows?). Other ideas about how to do what I would like quickly and easily?

I'm running version 2008.1.22