Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Creating Custom items

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Multiple questions per screen!

I'm trying to do the multiple questions per screen but i'm not able to do that. How do i do that?
    Also, i'm trying to open the Questionnaire file on the zip file posted, and it is empty. Please, i need help with this.
    Thank you.

barbara--you need to copy the zipped files to a foplder before you can work with them. If you try to open the .que file while it's still in the zip file, it will appear empty.

HTML data help

Hello,

I created several questionnaires using the websites MediaLab recommended. I then tried to run it and even though it shows up fine in the MediaLab application, it will not save any of the data.

I was reading the "Help" section on "Custom Items" but I still do not understand why it will not save. Is it my variable names?

Here is a sample...

Code:
    <html>
    <body>
    <form action="post">
    <select name="visit#">
    <option value="none"></option>
    <option value="1">1</option>
    <option value="2">2</option>
    <option value="3">3</option>
    <option value="4">4</option>
    </select>
    </form>
    Last edited by jarvis24; 04-24-2008 at 11:51 AM.

There are a couple things I see right off but I don't know if they would be the cause of data not being written. First, I would avoid using a character like "#" in your variable name. I would suggest using "visit" rather than "visit#". Also, you use "action = post" but it should be "method = post".

There is a nice demographics sample in the sharing area that shows the proper syntax for a variety of custom question types. See:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=1091

If you make those changes and the data still are not showing up, make sure the variable name in the MediaLab questionnaire matches--e.g., in this case the ML variable should also be "visits".

Radios.zip Not Working

I am having trouble using Custom items with radio buttons. When the data are stored, the entry is var_01=4 instead of 4. The sample in Radios.zip (above) stored "ok" as the responses--the numbers assigned to the buttons (1,2,3) do not get recorded. The response times are recorded but no values for the items. Also, the ml.subs does not work. If I put <ml.wording> directly in the html code, it works fine.

[edited by moderator]
    Last edited by jarvis24; 02-20-2010 at 04:08 AM.

It may be a function of the version of MediaLab you are using. Because changes were made to how ML handles custom items during the early releases of v2006, it's recommended that you use the final release of v2006 (available from http://www.empirisoft.com/dowload_old.aspx) or v2008 or later. And also to use the syntax recommended in the final set of samples provided in v2008 (I've attached them here in case it helps).

See also:
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/sh...ad.php?p=12953
    http://www.empirisoft.com/support/showthread.php?t=1325
    Attached Files Attached Files