[edited from support email]

I'm a MediaLab user interested in designing a study that uses a matrix search methodology. Is this type of study possible in Media Lab or perhaps in DirectRT?

Let me explain further with a simple example. I want to present four different types of information (columns) about four different people (rows).

Subjects would simply see the matrix itself, with row and column labels. If they clicked on the cell 1,1, then they would see the information associated with that cell. They would then view that for a period of time, and close it down to view information from another cell. After a set period of time, or a set number of allowed searches, they would then be taken to a different survey where they would complete some items about the information viewed in the matrix. The question is, can MediaLab or DirectRT present
information in this matrix like form, can either of them measure the amount of time a subject spends with different pieces of information, and can they track the order of a person's search (telling us what they looked at first, second, third, and so forth)?